Translate this page:

Translate this page:

Translate this page

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Starting to get hot for RPGs again

Like I mentioned in one of my first posts, my obsessions seem to have an ebb and flow. Right now my mind is still obsessed with chess, but I'm starting to hear the call of RPGs again.

Right now I'm just back to thinking of how to supplement Mythic's GME to help me get closer to the feel I want for a solo-RPG. My "holy grail" is still to get the feeling or illusion that I'm not driving the story. I really want that out of my hands as much as possible. Mythic's GME is a huge step in that direction, but I want to go farther. I'll be posting some notes on that.  

I also want to go back to my unfinished Shock playtest. I felt I was kind of running into a wall with some of the characters, but I didn't want to "cheat" by breaking the rules I had set up (i.e. taking too much control). I need to review the game and hopefully glean some lessons on how to make it all run smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, ideas.