Translate this page:

Translate this page:

Translate this page

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mythic GME & Shock: Social Science Fiction: Brainstorming for a Shock

I labeled the two other players as Mythic 1 (M1) and Mythic 2 (M2). My first intuition was to try and stay as close to Shock's instructions as possible. Mythic’s “suggestions” came randomly from its Event Meaning Tables (Action & Subject). I then tried my best to interpret those, sometimes using Mythic's Fate Chart to help me tease out meanings without taking chance out of it altogether.

  1. Brainstorming for Shocks
    • Me: Perpetual Youth: self explanatory.
    • M1: (Postpone) (Ambush): Event Shifting Technology: Time altering technology that pushes catastrophes or negative global events into the future.
    • M2: (Persecute) (Friendship): World in which no violence whatsoever exists. (This comically reminded me of a Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror episode.)

Then, just for fun, I rolled again for another suggestion and got: (Inspect) (Legal Matters). I interpreted this one as a literal instruction to look for a legal shock. This is the suggestion I came up with:

  • A world in which everyone literally gets to be “God” (or “King”, or “President”) for a day.

After all that, I did some silly “voting” with M1 and M2, and “we” chose this last suggestion as our Shock. It still needs to be fleshed out further, but for now I leave it at just this bare idea.

On the next post, I will detail the brainstorming for Issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, ideas.