Translate this page:

Translate this page:

Translate this page

Sunday, November 19, 2017

#SGAM2017 Remember Tomorrow - Sarah Rheita - Intro Scene


This one feels a bit weird to share. 

I tried something new with how I use the concordances to write the output. The fiction in this one is not like a story, bur rather, I wrote things out as if a GM was talking to me as a player. I found it actually helped me immersion, but it makes me feel a bit silly sharing it. 

Still, I guess it's really a version of emulating other players. 

The notes were a lot more detailed and they might be interesting for some. The link to the google spreadsheet is at the end of the post.

I'm pasting a version of the actual play without the concordances or notes here, but it really makes more sense to see the actual play along with the notes and concordances to see how it all came about. :)

Actual Play 

My Turn:

Sarah is bartending at Lonny Zone's (her bar), in the Chatsubo area of Tokyo city. The night action  is just getting started.

GM Turn: 

After a day's hard work, people have come her to buy themselves a beer and have a good time. A working girl sitting at the bar says hello to a guy who nods back at her.

My Turn: 

Sarah didn't mind the ocassional hustler showing up at her bar. As long as they behaved and kept things low key, she'd let them be.

GM Turn:

Lonny Zone's is very popular with the ex pat set which made business great. Because of that, you've got big money.

The crowd seems a little thin tonight as the baroque organ music plays in the background.

My Turn:

I scan the crowd to see if that intriguing gentleman happens to be there.

GM Turn: 

You don't see him at your bar.

My Turn: 

I can't hide my disappointment, even though I wasn't really expecting to see him. I haven't even spoken to him or know his name, but I haven't felt this way in a long time-- excitement-- feeling turned on, if she was honest-- but also a sense of new possibilities. I guess it's like a schoolgirl crush in a way.

When was the last time I saw him?

GM Turn: 

You haven't seen him in a while.

My Turn: 

Though I haven't really thought of myself as a believer in quite some time, I still wear a crucifix because it's a family heirloom. I touch it absentmindedly as I mope around the bar, feeling disappointed at not seeing the man I am interested in.

GM Turn:
"Sister Sarah!" Some short dude that you recognize from your past days as a pious person seems to recognize you.

My Turn:

I try pretend I didn't hear him.

GM Turn:

One of your regulars sitting at the bar yells out "Your friend is talking to you, sister", with a snicker in his voice.

My Turn:

"Very funny, you jerk."

GM Turn:

When the man who called you "Sister Sarah" gets close enough to the bar, he says "Sister, it's been a long time since I've seen you!"

My Turn:

"I'm sorry. Do we know each other?"

GM Turn:

"You don't recognize me, Sister Sarah? Leo Gladstone?"

My Turn:

"You said it yourself. It's been a long time."

GM Turn:

"Well, maybe I can jog your memory a bit," he tells you congenially.

My Turn:

I'm going to nip this at the bud. "Listen Leo," I say in a serious tone, but not unkindly. "I have not worn the habit or gone by the title 'Sister' in many years . I'm also not really in the mood to revisit that part of my past tonight."

GM Turn:

He looks at you with wide startled eyes. You can see he is shocked by what you've said.

My turn:

I feel a bit sorry for him, but I'm not in the mood. I grab a glass, and pour him the best pint of Guiness I can serve him. "Listen, no hard feelings. You're welcome here any time as long as we avoid that subject. The beer is on the house."

GM Turn:

He still looks a little hurt as you say that but he sits down to drink it and watch the Cowboys game on the screen.

My Turn:

Well, I feel bad for him. I'll try to make some other chit-chat ("How about those Cowboys?" blah blah). Maybe I'll get lucky and get some info on the man I'm really after.

GM Turn:

You talk about the Cowboys season so far, and as you chit chat, even get to talking about fashions. However, it seems to you that if you want to find out about your man, Leo is the wrong person to be talking to.

My Turn:


Oh well, I guess I'll be having to talk to other customers or look elsewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, ideas.