I am most concerned about the 1d4 coming up high on steps 1-3, as that could end up being too many elements to incorporate.
I'm also concerned about Step 5. It's meant to add even more surprise by giving Mythic the power to decide when a Conflict actually happens (you still retain much control, because you decide when to ask Mythic). My fear is that there may be times where the scene might drag because Mythic keeps saying "no conflict yet". Am I going to strictly adhere to what Mythic says, or will I override it? I guess I'll just have to wait until I get there.
Step 1: Choose Minutiae from the Shock
- Randomly choose 1d4 existing Minutae from the Shock associated with your Protagonist.
- If you have cool new Minutiae you want to use in this scene, ask Mythic: Will the new Minutiae be modified (by Mythic)?
- If "Yes", roll on the Action/Subject table. This will be Mythic's twist to the new Minutae.
Step 2: Choose Minutiae from the Issue(s)
- For the Issue associated with your character, ask Mythic: Will any Minutae from this Issue be used? Odds 70 .
- If "Yes", randomly choose 1d4 existing Minutae from the Issue associated with your Protagonist
- If you have cool new Minutiae you want to use in this scene, ask Mythic: Will the new Minutiae be modified (by Mythic)? If "Yes", roll on the Action/Subject table. This will be Mythic's twist to the new Minutae.
- Ask Mythic: Will any additional Minutae be used?
- If Yes, randomly determine from which unused group (liklely other Issues) . Then randomly choose 1d4 minutiae. You will use them through the lens of your Shock/Issue intersection.
- Push the Protagonist, and keep the situation untenable, carefully based on:
- the chosen Minutae
- the Protagonist's and Antagonist's attributes
- the shock/issue intersection
- the story goal
- Once you come up with an idea on how to do that, let Mythic add its own twist by using the Action/Subject table. Re-interpret idea based on the results.
- Assume that a Conflict is called for or ask Mythic if it will call a Conflict. Odds should be 70%.
- If it does not call a Conflict:
- Assume that Mythic is giving the Protagonist more rope to hang himself.
- You may start at Step 1 again, or start at Step 4 with the same Minutiae.